Hey dropshippers! Wanna learn how to find a trustworthy supplier for Dropshipping? Obviously, I know how frustrating and risky it may seem when you’re trying to figure out which supplier is to be trusted when dropshipping, especially for those dropshippers who are just starting out.
But luckily for you, I am going to give you some tips on how to find a trustworthy supplier for dropshipping, this would help clear most of your doubt and inquisitiveness and enable you to be more confident with your merchants!
As we all know that products manufactured in China are mostly at low costs compared to any other in the world. This made buying and reselling of goods from China more profitable and lucrative. Most successful eCommerce stores online today mostly acquire most of their goods from China.
Firstly, Have you ever thought about why China’s products are very cheap and affordable? The fact is because:
- China has easy access to raw materials used in production
- They have Cheaper wages
- They are very excellent when it comes to mass production
- The production lines of China are well refined and organized
This is why you would want to buy goods from China WholeSale Suppliers at cheap prices so you can resell at good rates for profits. As lucrative as it may seem, it is also filled with risks and flops, hence the need for a thorough knowledge on how to find a trustworthy supplier for dropshipping.
HOW TO FIND A TRUSTWORTHY SUPPLIER FOR DROPSHIPPING
Before diving deeply, there are some tips I would like to start with and this would serve as an eye-opener on how to find a trustworthy supplier for dropshipping.
As a dropshipper you wouldn’t want to risk your money and the trust of your customers by being a victim of an untrustworthy supplier.
STEPS TO FINDING A TRUSTWORTHY SUPPLIER
- Verify Manufacturer’s Details on Google
- Test them by ordering little products
- Compare their service with other Manufactures
- Verify Customer’s Testimonials
- Attend Trade Shows or Trade Fairs
- Contact them and test their responsiveness to customer
- Check out their numbers of customer’s engagements and feedbacks
Let’s briefly talk about the above points
1. VERIFY MANUFACTURER’S DETAILS ON GOOGLE
The very first step you would need to take when finding a trustworthy supplier is to check out their details on Google. Some of the details to take cognizance of are:
- Location and Address
- Business License
- Ownership Status
- Year in Business
- Contact info: email, phone, etc
- Photos of operation
Verify by searching online the company’s location and address if it’s valid and can be found. Check out if the business is licensed, this is also a good way to justify a business. You may also need to check out the amount of year that company has been in business, this would help you to understand those who are new and are scammers.
Be sure that you could see a clear certification of that supplier, different photos of the operation and location, contact details for customer support and assistance.
2. TEST THEM BY ORDERING LITTLE PRODUCTS
After you must have verified a manufacturer’s details as mentioned above, Another sure way on how to find a trustworthy supplier is to test them by ordering some little products. This action would help you test their delivery time and the quality of the goods they produce.
Although this may be a bit tricky or risky, in fact even after you must have checked online or seen lots of customer’s references on their products, for you to completely believe that they are complete and perfect, you would still need to try them out yourself.
3. COMPARE THEIR SERVICE WITH ANOTHER MANUFACTURER
It is always good to compare 3-4 suppliers on their ways of rendering services. Why, because you need to make sure that we work with the best supplier giving you all the optimum satisfaction as expected of you by your customers too. What to check out here:
- Compare the time in delivery
- Compare the quality of goods or products
4. VERIFY CUSTOMER’S TESTIMONIALS AND REVIEW
It is seamlessly important to check out customer’s testimonials and reviews for every supplier you are trying out. This would reveal the positive and critical reviews of the customers based on the manufacturer’s service, so this would serve as an opportunity for you not to fall a victim.
5. ATTEND TRADE SHOW AND TRADE FAIRS
Another sure way on how to find a trustworthy supplier is to attend trade shows or trade fairs. This would get you the opportunity of meeting with trustworthy suppliers, and you could see how well they are doing.
In China, the two most popular Trade Show and Trade Fair are:
- The Canton Fair which is always hosted twice in a year and
- The East China Fair which is the largest East Regional trade show in China.
6. CONTACT THEM AND TES THEIR RESPONSIVENESS TO CUSTOMERS
Another method on how to find a trustworthy supplier is to test their responsiveness to customers, this means their customer relationship and support. Most Fake suppliers out there do not have the means to contact them, imagine when you have the wrong or low-quality goods? Who do you report to? Perhaps after 3weeks of order, you haven’t received your product. These options are very important to be sure that a supplier is trustworthy and responsible.
7. CHECK OUT THEIR NUMBER OF CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
Another tip on how to find a trustworthy supplier is to check out the numbers of customers they’ve done business with. This would give you a tip of how old such supplier has been into the business as well as the number of customers they’ve engaged with.
HOW TO DETECT FAKE DROPSHIPPING SUPPLIERS
In order not to be a scapegoat or a victim of untrusted dropshipping suppliers, the following may be very useful to be considered:
- No Credit Card options for transactions!
- Invalid or No address displayed
- Young Domain Age, you can check out domain age here
- Check out on Google if they’ve been involved in any fraudulent act before
- Check if means of contact is available
- Verify supplier’s website if valid
- Order small products to test them and see their service
- Check Customer’s Ratings and reviews
- Check for Total List of Customer’s Engagements
- Chat them up and Test their Responsiveness
ALIEXPRESS AS CASE STUDY | HOW TO FIND A TRUSTWORTHY SUPPLIER
Here, we shall be using AliExpress as a case study on how you can find a trustworthy supplier for dropshipping.
1. SELLER WITH POSITIVE FEEBACK
When sourcing for a trustworthy supplier on AliExpress, it is always a good practice to choose a seller with positive feedback from buyers. You wouldn’t want to buy from a seller with bad reports or feedbacks, else you become a victim. A supplier with at least 95-99% of positive feedback is okay to work with.
You can also find trustworthy suppliers with top ratings, this is also a sure good way on how to find a trustworthy supplier for dropshipping.
2. MAKE COMPARISON OF PRICES AGAINST COMPETITORS
You would need to compare prices with other suppliers before you purchase. Of course, you may find a product at a very cheap price, but this might be some new suppliers who are looking for customers and they have not valid business information. Check out the number of people who have been engaged in such a product.
3. CHECK FOR HOW GENUINE A PRODUCT
This part is very technical, challenging, and requires intellectual capability. A large company like AliExpress housing more than thousands of products would be so difficult to tell what product is fake or what product is genuine. But certain option and steps may be taken in order to justify a product’s genuinity
1. Check for supplier’s feedback reviews
2. Verify if a Supplier is a specialist in one product or a generalist. Because a seller who is specific in the sales of a product is more likely to be genuine than the one who sells almost everything.
3. Check for Guarantees and Price Specification: Be sure to check if the supplier gives warranty for their every product they sell. Remember, if the product is too cheap, it is not genuine, it is rather fake with retarded quality.
4. Have a chat with the Supplier before you make Purchase: Another method on how to find a trustworthy supplier is that before you place an order, chat up the supplier and take cognizance of swift is their reply.
Finding a trustworthy Supplier is quite challenging, but the joy once you’ve successfully found a trustworthy one cannot be overemphasized. Following the above guides and tips may help you find your dream supplier and start making cool cash for your self and your business.
NEED A DROPSHIPPING STORE OF YOUR OWN?
For a Profitable and Converting Shopify Store
Visit us at: ShopifyWebsitebuilder
For a Profitable Commerce HQ Store
Visit us at: CHQ Store Builder