Hello guys! Today we’ll be revealing to us the clear-cut relationship between Shopify and Oberlo. What to know, how to use them both with each other. We’ll also talk about the various functions of the oberlo app in drophsipping with shopify.
SHOPIFY AND OBERLO
What is Shopify? What is Oberlo?
If you’re new to Shopify?
Briefly, Shopify is an eCommerce service provider platform which allows users to subscribe to their service and it gives them the opportunity to create eCommerce stores e.g. dropshipping stores.
Shopify comes with lots of features, it comes with Apps which makes work easier and makes users to easily navigate easily, promoting high productive conversions in customers and profits.
Shopify is regarded as the most used eCommerce service provider, this is because of it’s easy use and support from the developers. The Apps that comes with Shopify are very efficient as they make work easier.
The Shopify App that we’ll be focusing more today is the Oberlo App
Shopify and Oberlo App
The Oberlo App is owned by Shopify and it allows users to easily import products from suppliers directly into your Shopify store and then ship directly to your customers – in only a few clicks.
Shopify in simple terms, the oberlo app can be used to import products into an online store and then when users places order, the order is being forwarded the main supplier who is going to do the actual shipping and delivery of the ordered product.
Shopify owns the Oberlo app and the Oberlo app is used to import products from big eCommerce platforms like: Alibaba, Taoboa, Amazon etc. It is regarded as one of the tools for automation.
Oberlo can be used for automation in dropshipping, this is done through the use of chrome extension, we’ll expansiate deeply in due time.
Before we go into how you can use the oberlo app, let’s briefly talk about the features it has
Features of the oberlo app
- Is it paid or free? The Oberlo plan is 100% free for those who are running a starter plan for their Shopify store.
- Imports products for dropshipping
- Can be used for dropshipping automation
HOW TO INSTALL THE OBERLO APP
To add the oberlo app to your shopify store, follow these steps:
Installing Oberlo into your Shopify Store
- Navigate App store on your Shopify admin dashboard
- Search for Oberlo App
- Click on the Oberlo App on the search result
- Click on Install
- Accept all permissions
After the above have successfully been completed, the next step is to connec the oberlo app to your store.
Follow these steps to connect oberlo with shopify
- Visit the oberlo site
- Click Add Oberlo to Shopify to sign up for an Oberlo account.
- In the Oberlo dashboard, click Connect a store.
- If you’re not logged into Shopify, then log in with your store’s information.
- Oberlo asks for permission to manage your orders, products, and other data. Click Install app to give Oberlo permission for all functions.
INSTALLING OBERLO EXTENSION ON GOOGLE CHROME
In order for you to be able use the oberlo app to import products into your store, you’ll need to install the oberlo extension on google chrome. This would enable automation of the oberlo app on the browser for importing products.
To install the oberlo extension on google chrome, follow these steps:
- Open your chrome browser
- Goto the Chrome Web Store
- Search for the oberlo App
- Click on the Oberlo App on search result
- Click install
Then activate and you’re good to go!